Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Overwhelmed

So much going on, not sure how much to share. Let me just say that I am having a rough time at the moment. Life is full of ugliness and troubles and sometimes I just want to crawl under the covers and not come out yet, or again. Please don't call me worrying that I am suicidal, that is not what I mean. What I mean is I am really stinking tired of responsibility. I know you aren't supposed to say things like that, but come on, surely all adults feel that at some point. If you say you don't, I think you are lying. I think I am nearing my breaking point. Something has got to give. SIGH.......ok, thanks for letting me vent. On another note, I took Jaden to hockey practice tonight. It is so much fun to watch him out there on the ice. Very cool! Also, I turned in Brian and my voter registrations today. I know, I know, we have lived here a year now, it should have already been done. Oh well, the past is the past. So now I can vote in the upcoming election. Not that I feel there is a good choice to really vote for. But I am excited to exercise my citizen priviledge/right to vote. Shifting gears, I have no new pictures to add today. I will likely have some to post after the weekend.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Oh, sweetie, I wish I could count the days when I have felt the way you feel today. I have lived long enough to know that it will pass and whatever the problem is, the solution will come. It may not be the solution you wanted or expected, but it will come in the Lord's time and in His way. Hang in there cupcake! Brighter days will come! BTW, that little boy and girl that live at your house? They're gorgeous!!!! Just in case you didn't already know that!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Katie. You sure are your mother's child. I guess you are just being the mother that you saw in your childhood. I am so sorry that I had to grow up while raising you children. But, life has a way of maturing us and unfortunately our children will inherit or absorb some of our own traits, good or bad. On the other hand, God is the great changer, healer, restorer and forgiver! Praise God!!! You are human but you know the One who is able. Able to turn the bad into good IF we are obedient. And that is not a jab at you or anyone else. It is a promise that I am still learning even today. Prayer is the answer and not just talking to God but also listening, giving Him time to talk to us. "Be still and know that I AM God." Our valleys lead to joyous mountain tops; it just usually takes a lot more time than we want it too. But God says that His ways are not our ways and so we trust Him!
You are a great mother, not because you do everything right all the time, but because you know your faults and you recognize you can't do this on your own. Take one day at a time, prioritize and take care of what is most important each day and remember to have fun! This is your only life here on earth, don't waste it with regrets. Put God first and everything else will fall into place wtih effort.
I love you so much and I promise to pray for you daily. God has you in the palm of His hand and He will not let you go. That's a promise! Love ya,
Momma