Thursday, October 23, 2008

Oh Man!

My poor little man Jaden is a sick little boy. When I picked him up from the Y Daycamp today he wasn't feeling well which turned into a full blown, 103 degree fever by 7:30pm. He has pretty much slept since then, but this definitely interfered with our plans to do the Halloween Hike at the Nature Center. It was so sad, b/c we thought we were going to be able to make it so Alix went ahead and got into her costume, even with triple layers creatively hidden so that she wouldn't have to wear a jacket over her costume. She looked so adorable. I just broke down into tears and told her we weren't going to be able to go. Oh she handled it so gracefully. She just sat there, let two lonely tears fall down her cheeks then hugged me. I was so very proud of her. I really hate that she had to miss it. Ugh, the joys of "single parenting" during the weeks it is the Army's turn to have my husband; who, by the way, is completely exhausted as his accomodations this week leave much to be desired. Well, he will be home on Sunday, we are all very excited!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Well, I'm sittin her cryin now and I don't who to cry for first!!!! Poor little Jaden is so sick; poor little Alix was so compassionate and understanding; and poor Katie is just sick for both of them!!!! I wish I had been there so I could stay with Jaden or take Alix, whatever would have worked! I love you all! I hope you're all feelin it right now. Hugs and kisses to everyone!

Aunt Di