Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Near Perfect Day
















Today was one of those ALMOST perfect days. It was great! Brian was off because he is leaving around 2am for his Army AT for one week. That part is sad, but the fact that we had today off together just before he left was great! We got a lot accomplished as a family today, both in chores and in quality time. We all got to sleep in, at least sleeping in for us. We did dishes, raked leaves, cleaned up rooms, carved pumpkins, and baked cupcakes for Alix's class tomorrow for her birthday. Also, Brian took the kids ice skating and let me have some me time. Then I headed up to the Arena to watch Alix in her figure skating lesson. (Of course we all I know I did not get on the ice. Me, ice, and ice skates, I have learned, is DEFINITELY not a good combination). The kids had a blast. They love to ice skate. So does Brian. I am going to try to post some pics and videos from today. We will see how that goes. Oh, also, last night we made Jaden a hockey jersey. We just got some iron on patches from Hobby Lobby and it turned out pretty great. Ahhh...I love when there are good days like these. Thank you Lord!




p.s. I wanted to put clever comments in by the pics, but that isn't working for me. But you should know that the pic with Brian and Jaden both in helmets is where they are making their mean faces. Also, sorry they are not in order. It is getting late and I don't have the patience to mess with it anymore.




2 comments:

mimi/mom said...

I love this site.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALIX JOY!!!!!
As always beautiful in all the pictures.

The pictures are great Katie, but sometimes you'll have to let Brian take some of the pictures so we can see you also.

Jaden looks like a professional Hockey player with his jersey. Great job with that.

The jack-o-lanterns turned out terrific.
I love you all and am counting down the days until we see you all again.
Mimi/mom
P.S. Katie--I love your disclaimer--being able to say whatever you want & not worry about being judged. (That's something I constantly have to work on) Love you all...

CoxFamily said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALIX! WE LOVE YOU AND HOPE YOUR BIRTHDY IS SPECIAL! - chris, rachel, connor,
griffin, and ellie